Welcome to the 2019 Jets Free Agency Profile series! Up until the start of the 2019 free agency period in March Youth Quinnen Williams Jersey , I’ll be running through a bunch of names the Jets could potentially bring in with their hoard of cap space. Let’s get into it!Name: Rodger SaffoldBirthday/Age: June 6th, 1988 (age 31 on September 1st)Height/Weight: 6’5, 323College: Indiana (selected 33rd overall by the Rams in the second round of the 2010 Draft)Team(s): Rams (2010-1smilePosition/usage: Left guard, where he has been starting regularly since 2016. Played left tackle in college and throughout his first three seasons in the league. Has starting experience in the NFL at every offensive line position except for center2018 stats: 16 of 16 regular season starts (1068 snaps, 97.1%), 3 of 3 playoff starts. PFF #9 ranked guard (Never use PFF ratings as gospel, but they are a solid tool to get a hint on the overall value of a player who you haven’t watched much of)FA type: UnrestrictedPrevious salary: Signed a 5 year, $31,347,235 contract with the Rams prior to the 2014 season. Had a cap hit of $8.0M in 2018Comparable contracts:Most expensive age 30+ guards in recent seasons: 2018 - Josh Sitton (signed by MIA, age 32): 2 years, $13.5M, $8.5M guaranteed2018 - Brandon Fusco (signed by ATL, age 30): 3 years, $12.8M, $5.5M guaranteed2017 - Ted Larsen (signed by MIA, age 30): 3 years, $5.7M, $1.8M guaranteed2016 - Josh Sitton (signed by CHI Color Rush Quinnen Williams Jersey , age 30): 3 years, $21.0M, $10.0M guaranteed2016 - Evan Mathis (signed by ARI, age 34): 1 year, $4.0M, $3.0M guaranteedMost expensive guard contracts in the 2018 offseason:Andrew Norwell (signed by JAX, age 26): 5 years, $66.5M, $30.0M guaranteedJustin Pugh (signed by ARI, age 2smile: 5 years, $44.8M, $15.8M guaranteedZach Fulton (signed by HOU, age 26): 4 years, $28.0M, $13.0M guaranteedJosh Kline (re-signed by TEN, age 2smile: 4 years, $26.5M, $12.0M guaranteedJets connections: Rams teammate of Trumaine Johnson. Different side of the ball, but new Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was the Rams defensive coordinator from 2014-16 New York Jets Jersey 2019 , while his son and new Jets defensive assistant Blake Williams spent time as a linebackers coach for the teamMeasurables (via mockdraftable.com)Pros:Has started 50 out of 52 possible games over the past three seasonsVery unique versatility. Has started games at both tackle and guard spots, with extensive experience at both left guard and left tacklehis past success in this area. Averaged only 2.8 penalties per 16 games over the previous five seasons, with 11 penalties in 63 games from 2013-17Has done a great job providing availability over the past three seasons, but hasn’t been pristine for his whole career. Over the five season span from 2011 to 2015, he played only 52 of 80 possible games, and appeared in twelve games or fewer in four of five seasonsIt’s not a question you hear regarding offensive linemen much, but I wonder if Saffold benefited from some of the factors around him in Los Angeles. He wasn’t really seen as a top-tier guard until 2017. That’s when the Rams drastically overhauled their offense and franchise after bringing in Sean McVay, in addition to hiring a new offensive line coach in Aaron Kromer. The team also added All-Pro left tackle Andrew Whitworth to play alongside Saffold.I was watching through some Rams footage to try and find an impressive pass blocking rep from Saffold to use in this piece, but I couldn’t find anything notable. The design of the offense did a great job mitigating the need for the line to block 1-on-1, employing lots of quick passing, screens, motion, and designed rollouts. It’s tough to evaluate his pass blocking ability in an offense like that.All of these questions, especially when coupled with his age, make me wonder how well Saffold could adapt to a new team at this point in time.Rodger Saffold has become one of the most respected guards in the league. He hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down athletically just yet, as he remains one of the most impressive physical specimens at the position and one of the league’s most impactful run blockers. Over the past couple of years, he has been one of the best players on perhaps the strongest offense in the NFL, while providing reliable durability.Given the current state that their offensive line is in, the Jets would be foolish to not at least consider the idea of pursuing Saffold should he become available. With that being said Quinnen Williams New York Jets Jersey , there are certainly some legitimate reasons for concern to take into account regarding the longtime Ram. CHICAGO (AP) — Sam Darnold and the New York Jets did a good job of protecting the ball.They just didn’t do very much when they had it.Playing without two of its top receivers, New York managed just 207 yards in a 24-10 loss to the Chicago Bears on Sunday. Darnold passed for a career-low 153 yards in his eighth NFL start, and Isaiah Crowell was the Jets’ top rusher with a measly 25 yards on 13 carries.Just a quiet, ho-hum sort of day for everyone in green-and-white.“We just couldn’t really get anything going,” Crowell said. “I’ve got to watch the film, but I mean it was frustrating at the same time.”It was New York’s first game since running back Bilal Powell sustained a season-ending neck injury during last weekend’s 37-17 loss to Minnesota. Leading receivers Robby Anderson and Quincy Enunwa were inactive due to injuries, and tight end Neal Sterling departed in the first half with a concussion.Rishard Matthews made his Jets debut after signing with the team on Tuesday, but the veteran receiver was shut out. Asked if New York (3-5) might need to add another offensive option, coach Todd Bowles said they would discuss the possibility this week.“We had a lot of new people out there,” Bowles said. “I mean they fought hard, they played hard. We’re not going to use injuries as an excuse. Just got to make more plays.”A week after Darnold threw three interceptions and lost a fumble against the Vikings, the Jets played turnover-free ball against the opportunistic Bears. But they hurt themselves with five false start penalties. The flags contributed to a 3-for-14 performance on third down and just 12 first downs overall, compared to 22 for the Bears.“I think the biggest thing for us offensively is just staying in manageable down distances, not getting false starts, not getting penalties,” Darnold said.New York’s longest play of the day was nearly intercepted by Kyle Fuller, but it went off his hands and Deontay Burnett took the ball to the Chicago 18 for a 29-yard reception with about 12 minutes left. Darnold then finished the drive with a 16-yard touchdown pass to rookie Chris Herndon , making it 17-10 with 11:10 remaining.But the Bears responded with an eight-play, 79-yard drive Womens Quinnen Williams Jersey , culminating in Jordan Howard’s 2-yard touchdown run, and the Jets never threatened again.“Very proud of the way they fought and stayed together,” Bowles said. “This is one of the first games the entire year that we stayed together as a team and fought collectively. Execution was not great, obviously, and we got to make more plays and we know that.”The lack of execution was particularly glaring before New York rallied in the final period. The Jets had just four first downs and 98 yards heading into the fourth quarter.Before Herndon caught a TD pass for the third straight week, the Jets’ only scoring drive ended with a 42-yard field goal by Jason Myers in the second quarter.“It’s frustrating for everyone,” said Darnold, who was 14 of 29 and was sacked once. “I mean, we just got to play better. We got to, like I said before, it’s about staying in manageable down distances. First and second down, getting off the ball, running the football, and completing the football. So that’s really all it is. If we can do that we’ll be a good football team.”
Multi Quote Quote